Saturday, February 16, 2008

Friday Afternon and the Cavlary arrives






Dorothy and Jeff arrive
Friday afternoon
Carole and I spent most of the afternoon by the second pool. This is a quieter spot. We read and swam and swam and read. Very relaxing.
I spent some time eavesdropping on a group of women who reminded me very much of "the Girls". Boy would we have fun here. Maybe, sometime.... we will try it.
Back to the room around 4:30 to await the arrival of the first family members to make the trip.
My older sister Dorothy and her husband Jeff finally arrived around 5:30. They had a good flight from LaGuardia to Miami then the quick hop down to Key West. This is their first trip. Once we got them settled in their room we got them oriented on the property: this is the pool, this is the tiki bar, this is the other pool, this is the tiki bar, this is the grocery store, this is the tiki bar, this is the tiki... Well you get the point. We had a cocktail at, yeah you guessed it, the tiki bar then dinner at the beach cafe. Carole and I figured they would enjoy a beachside meal. They did. Everyone seemed satisified with their meals. Jeff, Dorothy and I decided to take a Duval crawl.
They wanted to get a sense of what they had wandered into. We made it as far west as Sloppy Joe's before we headed back. They saw it all. Friday night was just getting rolling but it looked like it would be a good one. We stopped by the Green Parrot on the way back and agreed that we might try to catch a sound check (pre dinner) on night.
We discussed my proposed Dry Tortugas trip on Tuesday. I had also asked Betsy and Ed to consider this so I could book it on Sat.
After discussing our morning plans we all turned in.
I was still up so I started a new book. Eric Clapton's autobiography. It is excellent. Very revealing and very cleanly written. I am enjoying it enough to put aside the Revolutionary war for a while,

No comments: