Sunday, February 17, 2008

Betsy and Ed Arrive for Sat. nigth





The gang is all here. My younger sister Betsy and her husband Ed flew in from Boston late Sat. afternoon. They were in their room before we realized they had arrived. We gathered at the tiki bar for a celebratory beverage before setting out for Mango's on Duval for dinner.

We had a great meal, sitting outside right on Duval St, watching the free show walking by. Dinner was very good. I had yellowtail snapper with veggies and mashed tators. All in all a very satisfactory evening. The rest of the crew headed back to the hotel after dinner by I lingered and stopped by the Green Parrot to hear a 3 piece blues combo. I lasted for one set, about 80 minutes worth. They were good but not outstanding. Still this was the first live music I have heard in KW this year. It was a good treat. I made it home safely around midnight, none the worse for wear for a couple KW Sunset ales. Very nice beer.

No comments: